‘The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six, for that is the time when man’s intelligence itself, his greatest implement, is being formed’.
– DR. MARIA MONTESSORI
WHO ARE WE AND WHY DO WE DO WHAT DO WE DO?
- WE INSPIRE THE LOVE OF LEARNING.
- We believe that everyone is capable of learning.
- We believe that everyone has an innate desire to learn.
- We believe that we all have unlimited potential and infinite possibility.
- We believe that we are all capable of achieving great things.
- We believe in challenging the traditional methods by which people are educated.
- And, we believe that the Montessori Method of education offers the most holistic, balanced and all encompassing approach to educating and inspiring our children and ourselves in the world today.
What is our purpose?
To use the Montessori Method to educate and inspire others to do the things that inspire them.
What is our cause?
To empower our children and our staff to be extra-ordinary individuals and to lead extra-ordinary lives.
What is our outcome?
To inspire others to love and learn for the rest of their lives.
Read our Centre Philosophy here:
10.0 – Centre Philosophy
HOW DO WE DO IT AND WHEN?
- We make our learning environments engaging, enticing and inspiring in line with Montessori Methodology.
- Our learning environments are structured and organised for purposeful learning and interaction.
- We have an Education Curriculum that is informative, thorough and designed to recognise and address different learning styles.
- Our educators are as good at listening and learning as they are at teaching.
- Our educators are as interested in their own education and development as the children are in theirs.
- By hiring and training inspired educators who understand the importance of WHY the Montessori Method of education is so important.
THE HEAD START VISION
- To inspire the next generation of extra-ordinary individuals.
- To inspire the love of learning in all.
- The Montessori Method of education is the preferred method of early childhood education in Australia by 2020.
- That Head Start Montessori is Australian family’s first choice in early education.
THE HEAD START MISSION
- Is to encourage our students to be independent and explore their limitless boundaries.
- We will inspire our students to discover the power of education and inspire in them a love of learning and self application.
- We will provide a safe and supporting environment where children can develop their physical, intellectual, social and emotional skills to become competent and confident individuals.
THE HEAD START VALUES!
- RESPECT – Each child is respected as an individual. Each member of the team is respected as an educator. We are sensitive and respectful of others cultural and religious ideals. We are respectful of community and our environment.
- LEADERSHIP – We inspire others as role models by embodying the Head Start vision and mission. We extend and develop each child’s skills, knowledge and interests through successful experiences designed to encourage the development of a healthy self-concept and positive self esteem. We encourage social development so each child learns to interact successfully in a variety of situations.
- EDUCATION – We place a high emphasis on our own education and that of our children. We are qualified, experienced and caring staff trained to meet the needs of the individual child. We continue to educate ourselves so that we can inspire and empower those around us.
- TRUST – We instil trust and faith in all that work with us. We are professional and accountable and embrace your children like our own.
- COMMITMENT – We are committed to growing and improving ourselves and our service as we strive to be the premier provider of early childhood education and care in Australia. We have a commitment to be honest and courteous.
APPLYING FOR A POSITION WITH HEAD START MONTESSORI
- Our Centre has a set number of spaces available each year which limits the size of each classroom and our staff’s ability to educate and care for every child.
- In instances where a Centre is full you may be invited to join the waiting list until a space becomes available.
- Our Centre Director will invite Parents/Guardians to fill in an Enrolment Application after which time they will be invited to attend an interview before being accepted into our care.
- Whilst we are committed to educating all children from all walks of life we must ensure that Parents are prepared and willing to offer the support and care that their children will need to participate in the Montessori Early Learning Program.
- It will also give you the opportunity to discuss your child’s special needs with the Centres Director.
- Applications are taken on a first come first served basis and in line with the Centres Priority of Access Policy.
- To avoid disappointment please ensure your application is filled in correctly, signed and returned to the Centres Director with your enrolment fee, in a prompt manner.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE AND SETTLING IN TO CARE
- Introducing your child to care can be an emotional time. It is fair to expect some tearful goodbyes however there are many ways we can assist you and your child with this transition.
- Our educators play an important role in gathering information from you to assist in a smooth transition between home and the educational environment.
- We encourage you to spend time in the Centre in the days prior to your first day. This will adjust and familiarise your child with our educators.
- Employees who work at Head Start Montessori Centres are typically personable, warm, friendly, inspired, professional and committed to education and trained to assist you through this transition.
- We regularly provide opportunities for personal growth and development within the childcare sector. Individuals with a love of learning and self improvement strive in the Montessori environment.
- Our educators are there to help, so please ask.
THE HEAD START COMMITMENT TO YOU
- We will continually improve ourselves.
- We will provide a comprehensive service with affordable high quality developmental programs and care.
- We will provide the highest standards of Customer Service.
- We will do our best to listen to your needs and we will provide services to meet those needs.
- As we undertake our commitments we believe that we will form the basis for a life long love of learning in your child. They will learn to become independent, how to adapt quickly to their environment and how to interact socially with other children as a result of our specialised learning programs.