More than a hundred years ago, Dr Maria Montessori, an inspirational Italian educator developed a unique method of education that she created from her own in depth research and study into childhood learning.
The Montessori Method focuses on your child’s innate desire and love of learning and encourages independence by providing an environment of specialised activities and materials which your child will use at their own pace. This has been proven to build self-confidence, inner discipline, a sense of self-worth and instils positive social behaviour. The Montessori Method forms the basis for lifelong learning.
“Education is not what the teacher gives; education is a natural process spontaneously carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words, but by experiences upon the environment”.
– DR. MARIA MONTESSORI
To adapt to the ever changing global environment it is more important than ever that your child becomes inspired and passionate about learning and able to develop to their full potential. The Montessori Method embraces your child and their place in the community, hence its relevance for today and the future.
Our Montessori classrooms are a vibrant community where your child learns to interact socially and learn a multitude of skills in a variety of different ways. Our Montessori professionals are also part of this environment. The role of our professionals is not like the teacher in a traditional environment whose role is to teach the children. The role of the professional in a Montessori environment is to facilitate your child to teach themselves. Your child is taught to follow their own internal urges and desires which leads them to take what they need from the things and people around them. Our Montessori professionals also work to support the needs of your child outside the classroom setting with a particular emphasis on parent education and community programs.
Montessori is one of the fastest growing and most popular educational methods in the world today and is steadily growing in Australia. There are currently around 200 schools and centres nationwide.
Who are some famous Montessori graduates and students?
- Princes William and Harry, British Royal Family
- George Clooney, Academy Award winning actor
- Sean (P Diddy) Combs, famous rapper and owner of Bad Boy Records
- Beyoncé, acclaimed actress and singer songwriter
- Helen Hunt, Academy Award winning actress
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page, co-founders of Google.com
- Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com
- Dakota Fanning, Academy Award nominated actress
- Anne Hathaway, Academy Award nominated actress
- Michael Douglas, Academy Award nominated actor
- Willie Nelson, acclaimed singer songwriter
- David Blaine, world famous magician and performer
- Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Ex-US President Bill Clinton
- Princess Eugenie, Daughter of the Duke and Duchess of York (Royal Family)
- Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia.com
- Lea Salonga, multi-awarded Filipino-American singer and Broadway actress
- Jacqui Kennedy Onassis, Wife of US President John F Kennedy
- The youngest Nobel Peace Prize nominee is a Montessori graduate
- The youngest Rhodes Scholar is a Montessori graduate
- The youngest United Nations artist is a Montessori graduate
For more information about the Montessori Method please Contact Us